- Public Works
- Service Line Warranty Program
Service Line Warranty Program
Citizens of Princeton recently received a letter informing them that unexpected repairs to service lines like water and sewer lines can be expensive and inconvenient. In order to better serve the citizens and inform them that there is a program available to ensure against these unexpected expenses, the City partnered with the National League of Cities Service Line Warranty Program to provide an option for our citizens. There is no obligation to participate.
Why is the City of Princeton offering the Service Line Warranty Program?
- Princeton Residents Benefit - by becoming more educated about their responsibilities with the water and sewer lines that service their homes.
- Common and Expensive Problem - water and sewer line problems are common and expensive. Repairs to lines on homeowners' property are typically not covered by basic homeowner's insurance or by the City of Princeton and can be quite expensive.
- Peace of Mind - this optional coverage through Service Line Warranties of America (SLWA) offers Princeton homeowners peace of mind. SLWA is available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, 365 days a year, including holidays. Repairs are given the highest priority and local, licensed, and approved contractors are dispatched to customers' homes to make the necessary covered repairs - all with no call-out fees or deductibles.
- Trusted Partner - the City of Princeton has partnered with SLWA, offering a program that is used by over 600 cities, municipalities, and utilities around the U.S. SLWA has been in business since 2003 and is accredited by the Better Business Bureau with an A+ rating. SLWA and its parent HomeServe, provide service to more than 3.7 million homeowners, and have performed more than 1.3 million repairs for customers over the last 3 years, and received high ratings from customers receiving service. SLWA is also the endorsed trusted provider of the National League of Cities (NLC) Service Line Warranty Program.
For more information on this project, please visit Service Line Warranty Program or email Customer Service.