Garbage Collection is provided by the contract services of Waste Connections.
If there is not a trash cart at the residence when you move in, if you require an additional cart, or if your cart becomes damaged, contact the Utility Billing Department (City Hall) at 972.736.2711.
All trash must be out by 7:00 AM on Thursday’s of every week.
In the event of a major holiday your trash will be picked up one day late.
A list of fees may be found here: Solid Waste Rate Schedule
For roll off, call Waste Connections directly at 469.452.8000.
All new poly-cart, poly-cart repairs and recycle bins will be delivered within 48 hours of request.
Bulk & Brush Collection
EFFECTIVE FEBRUARY 4, 2019
Bulk Pick-up will be on Mondays of every month depending on your location.
Call WasteConnections (469-452-8000) to schedule a pick-up.
All pickups MUST be scheduled no later than 3pm the Friday prior to pick up.
This will NOT be a citywide sweep. (click for more.)
Residential Recycle Service
Place your 65-gallon recycle cart (Blue Cart) at the curb every other Thursday. All recyclable materials can be placed in your Waste Connections recycle cart without sorting for collection.
Use the tips below to improve the residential trash collection service.
- Put Household trash and yard waste in your cart
- Cart maximum weight is 175 lbs.
- Put all trash inside the cart, do not place trash outside the cart on the ground
- Roll your cart to within 3 feet of the edge of the street
- Keep carts three (3) feet apart
- Keep all carts at least six (6) feet from cars
- Close each cart lid completely
- Remove all containers from the street as soon as possible after collection