Garbage Collection is provided by the contract services of Waste Connections.
If there is not a trash cart at the residence when you move in, if you require an additional cart, or if your cart becomes damaged, contact the Utility Billing Department (City Hall) at 972.736.2711.
All trash must be out by 7:00 AM on Thursday’s of every week.
In the event of a major holiday your trash will be picked up one day late.
A list of fees may be found here: Solid Waste Rate Schedule
For roll off, call Waste Connections directly at 469.452.8000.
All new poly-carts, poly-cart repairs, or extra poly-carts will be delivered on Wednesday of each week.
Bulk & Brush Collection
Bulk service pick ups occur every other month on the following items:
furniture, all appliances, (refrigerators, freezers and air conditioners must have certificate verifying that all Freon has been removed) and bundled brush (tied in 4 to 5 foot lengths).
Free bulk collection occurs on the third Saturday every other month. Call the City of Princeton at (972) 736-2711 to schedule a bulk pick up.
Bulk pick-up includes a quantity of material which can be loaded by 2 men in no more than 5 minutes.
Materials NOT accepted include: paint, oils, construction material generated by contractor, automotive parts containing fluids, pool chemicals, batteries or tires.
Residential Recycle Service
Place your 65-gallon recycle cart (Blue Cart) at the curb every other Thursday. All recyclable materials can be placed in your Waste Connections recycle cart without sorting for collection.
Use the tips below to improve the residential trash collection service.
- Put Household trash and yard waste in your cart
- Cart maximum weight is 175 lbs.
- Put all trash inside the cart, do not place trash outside the cart on the ground
- Roll your cart to within 3 feet of the edge of the street
- Keep carts three (3) feet apart
- Keep all carts at least six (6) feet from cars
- Close each cart lid completely
- Remove all containers from the street as soon as possible after collection